Friday, February 19, 2010
Welcome to the Jungle
As you may remember, last semester I had a glorious view of a sometimes-snow-capped mountain out my kitchen window. This semester, my window looks out on the jungle. In my first days here, I heard stories of cobras, vipers, even a green mamba caught in the neighborhood. Last year’s leader also may have mentioned a small crocodile spotted in the vicinity. In Tanzania, the only critters lurking in the yard were the chickens and a feisty puppy or two. Lest you worry about me being swallowed by a boa, I should assure you that the jungle is just the back yard. My front yard looks out on a major highway. So, if any snake or croc tries to come after me, I’ll just run across the road and let them get squashed by a semi if they try to give chase.
If you’d like to reach me at my jungle lodge on the motorway, you can drop me a line at:
Global Routes
PO Box AD 1205
Adisadel, Cape Coast
GHANA
Attn: Nicole Sheldon-Desjardins
Stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nicole, I miss you! I wish you the best of luck this semester. I've always wanted to go to Ghana. Can't wait to read more.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Kensies
How long are you there for?!
ReplyDelete-Samantha