Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!


As it's been a while since I've written, here are a few highlights from December:


I spent a relaxing week and a half on Zanzibar, scuba diving, eating seafood, and enjoying the beach.



Girl watches boys playing, Zanzibar


After three days of traveling, including flight delays, lost luggage (with all my winter clothes in it), and an invitation to stay in Cairo for two days with a young Egyptian woman and her mother, I finally met up with a good friend from camp, Mara, in Budapest.



Mara and I overlooking the Danube, Budapest


We spent a day in Budapest, and then went on to Rome.





Mara and I at the Trevi Fountain, Rome

From Rome, I traveled to Berlin to visit my lovely friend Stephanie and her husband Lukas.


Brandenburg Gate, Berlin

And then on to England to visit my cousin Samantha and her husband Nick.


Sam and I at Salisbury Cathedral


Stonehenge


London, old and new

Next stop: Morocco.

No comments:

Post a Comment